Location: 60 villages of Mundra Block of kutch Distrct , Gujarat
Mundra is the largest private port of India located on the north shores of the Gulf of Kutch near Mundra,Kutch district, Gujarat. PAHEL is a multi-focus development collaborative intervention of Mundra International Container Terminal (MICT) Pvt. Ltd. Through the intervention, CHETNA st rives improving the nutrition and health status of community, contract staff and their families/children
An initiative to improve overall development of 11483 children and adolescent girls and health status of truckers.
To improve learning outcome among the children under six years of 102 Anganwadi Centres by
- Creating health, hygiene and nutrition awareness among the parent groups
- Ensuring Early Childhood Education on regular basis at the Anganwadi level.
To increase knowledge, awareness and increase in access to services thereby reducing the burden of diseases among the truckers and labourers population
- To enhance the capacities of young adults and non-school going girls thereby empowering them to take care of their present and future health and nutritional status.
- Gradation of 102 AnganWadICenters based on its functioning
- Developing 60 Child Friendly AnganWadiCenters
- Developing Green Belt around AnganWadiCentersby kitchen garden and tree plantation
- Distribution of learning kits to children and AnganWadi Centres
- Capacity building and Hand Holding Support of Anganwadi(Creche) workers
- Organising home based sessions on early childhood education
- Organise Matru Mandal meeting for improving early childhood care at home
- Vocational Courses for 2000 Adolescent Girls
- Mass awareness activities
- Counselling Sessions and Home visits of 204 truckers
- The number of Anganwadi increased from 58% in grade I and II in 2015 to 79% in 2022.
- Improvement in language development milestone of children increased from 45% in 2021 to 90% in 2022; pre reading skills increased from 1.1% to 31% and pre writing skills improved from. 5% to 57%